Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Sciatica develops when the sciatic nerve is injured. The sciatic nerve is one of the primary nerves in the body, running from the lower back and down each leg. It is also integral in supporting movement and stability. When the Sciatic nerve is injured, you may experience challenges like limited movement and productivity. At Dynamic Chiropractic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, we provide chiropractic treatment that can alleviate your pain and improve your quality of life.
How Do I Know I Have Sciatica?
Sciatica occurs when the Sciatic nerve is damaged due to irritation or compression. While it can clear up with medication, if left untreated, sciatica can lead to more severe complications.
Conditions that might trigger Sciatica include:
- Sprains and strains
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Pelvic injuries
There’s no way of knowing you have sciatica other than receiving a proper diagnosis. However, if symptoms are occurring on your lower body, this could indicate sciatica.
We provide full-body assessments to determine the cause of irritation on the sciatic nerve and to create an effective treatment plan that will alleviate symptoms. You are at a higher risk of developing Sciatica due to the following:
- Being inactive for prolong periods of time or have poor movement patterns
- Being overweight
- Traumatic Accident
- Physically demanding-job with few breaks
- Soft tissue injury or overuse of joints from sports
Common Symptoms of Sciatica
Pain and discomfort are your body’s way of indicating where the problem is occurring. Chiropractic techniques help alleviate sciatica symptoms while helping you heal at the same time. Our techniques reduce pressure on the nerve, restore movement, and provide proper structure.
People with Sciatica often exhibit symptoms such as the following:
- Hip pain
- Shooting pain that starts in the lower back and runs to the buttock or back of the upper leg
- Pain concentrated on one side of the lower body
- Pain that becomes intense when the body is still
- Significant leg muscle weakness
- Stabbing, shooting, or burning pain
- Limited range of motion around the hips
- Muscle numbness or tightness
Treatments for Sciatica
We provide a wide range of services that can treat sciatica. Our chiropractor will work closely with you to create a treatment plan that is natural, safe, gentle, and customized to your specific needs.
Some of our standard and effective chiropractic techniques include:
- Dry needling: This method includes performing acupuncture on the soft tissue of the affected region to help with recover very
- Chiropractic adjustment: This is the most common treatment method, which involves spinal manipulation to realign the spine and reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Stretching and physical exercises: These help increase strength and flexibility by slowly nurturing the joints and soft tissues back to health
- Soft tissue therapy: This technique effectively restores and mends tendons, muscles, damaged ligaments, and nerves.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica
Some benefits of chiropractic care for sciatica include:
- Better sleep quality
- Improves posture
- Improves motion, strength, flexibility, and comfort
- Enhances joint and soft tissue health
- Alleviates stress and anxiety
- Improves strength and productivity
Contact us for Treatment Today!
If pain from sciatica is affecting your life, contact Dynamic Chiropractic in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, at (954) 938-4321. We would be happy to tell you about our treatment options and set you up with a consultation with our chiropractor!