Chiropractic Care for Back Pain Treatment
Whether you're a busy working professional, parent, or professional athlete, you've probably experienced back pain. While occasional back pain is common and not a cause for alarm, it is important to recognize that it can become a chronic and painful condition. If you are experiencing back pain - and live or work in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area - our team at Dynamic Chiropractic can help identify and treat conditions that may inhibit your mobility or cause chronic pain.
Treatable Spinal Issues That Cause Pain
While many people living and working in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area experience chronic back pain simply due to age-related wear and tear, it may also emanate from a prior injury. The following are the most common conditions our experienced FL chiropractor can help with:
- Chronic Back Pain – according to the NIH, it is estimated that up to 80% of the population will experience some form of lower back pain. This pain may include shooting pains, burning sensations, or dull aches. Common causes of chronic back pain include sciatica, joint dysfunction/degeneration, and Scoliosis.
- Facet Joint Syndrome is when the lubrication between the spine's vertebrae wears away, resulting in pain when moving due to the bone-on-bone condition.
- Disc Problems - the discs separating the spine's vertebrae can tear, herniate, or deteriorate from natural aging or the result of trauma.
- Fractured/Pinched Nerves – any injury or condition that impacts the joints and nerves can result in extreme and often debilitating pain.
- Spinal/Foraminal Stenosis refers to the narrowing of the spinal canal or any passageways through which nerves travel.
Helpful Lifestyle Adjustments to Ease Back Pain
While age contributes to the natural wear and tear of your spine, there are other lifestyle choices that can help alleviate or reduce an ongoing and painful back:
- Consider that food is medicine, and you are what you eat. Studies confirm that inflammation – in any part of the body – is one of the primary root causes of a host of medical issues, from pain to autoimmune diseases.
- Manage stress, which releases hormones that ultimately cause muscles to tighten painfully.
- Give your body the rest/sleep it needs.
- Stay active – which benefits your body but is among the best techniques to help overcome depression.
Contact Our Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
You don't have to give up your active South Florida lifestyle because of back pain. We look forward to customizing a treatment plan to help relieve and eliminate your back pain. Call Dynamic Chiropractic in Ft. Lauderdale today at (954) 938-4321 to learn more or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Raby.